Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Last Minute

It's funny how this sort of thing works out.

It's 6 am, I'm tired, I should be asleep, and the last day in creative writing is less than two hours away.

But I suppose it's fitting considering how much I've procrastinated, that the last assignment I'll ever do in high school I'll have procrastinated the most.

Now, at first, I was going to apologize for not blogging more, until I realized I'm not sorry about that at all.

The blog was never as much my Paris as it was for some of you. I wanted it to be a place where I can go to when I needed it, not because I was expected to. I didn't want to be artificial.

No, I think it a lot of ways my ticket to Paris was the slams.

Confused? Maybe, just hear me out.

For me, when I was performing was when I was in Paris. Up there in front, whether I'm reading a poem, or just being dumb.

I am a performer at heart, which is odd, considering how mind-numbingly introverted I can be.

You were my audience, my peers, and my friends.

For me I was always more comfortable writing a poem on the stage, rather than alone in front of a computer screen.

Getting applause, or even a confused look, was what did it for me. I don't know if I was incredibly narcissistic or I desperately needed attention. Maybe both, maybe neither.

I'm sure you understand what I mean. What is the best part of writing on the blog? Writing something, or getting comments on what you wrote?



Sigh... I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say right now, I'm too tired.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the writing too. I still want to write a book one day. But writing is not the only part of creating a great work, and I'm glad I was able to remember that.

I'm glad I had a chance to be reminded.

I'm glad I got to enjoy the last hours of high school in a class that's something different, that taught different, with all of you.

And now these are the last minutes, the twilight of high school, but not for Paris.

No there is no last minute there, unless we choose to leave.

Find ways to extend your stay, no matter what it is, I look forward to seeing you there for many more minutes to come.


4 comments:

  1. I should apologize to Hannah though, I never wrote the analysis. I hope you don't hate me forever for that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Michael. Thanks for never being afraid to be yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael you write that book. I will read it. I will never forget you and your horror video games and your funny, witty self.

    ReplyDelete