Thursday, February 26, 2015

Love is not Romantic

Love is not Romantic
Why do we think it is?
Romance needs love
But love isn't romance

Love is flashing a smile
it is telling a dumb joke
it is a kind word

Girls can tell each other "I love you"
Why can't boys?

Love is giving service
it is spending time with them
it is lifting them up

Do we understand love?
No, but yet
We feel it, we live it

Love is a hug when they are sad
It is being there when are grieving
It is listening when they just need someone

You don't need to be in love to love someone
We tend to forget that

Love is doing everything
Love is doing anything

Love is wanting nothing more than for them to live

If I ever tell you I love you
Please don't take it lightly
Because I'm not.



6 comments:

  1. "Love is doing everything, Love is doing anything." I loved that, and the rest of this, Oh and your comment in class today. Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That very last section. Chills. This was so good michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved your comment in class today. It really stood out to me. "Love is wanting nothing more than for them to live."
    Powerful and good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i accidently commented on my moms so sorry i deleted it but anyways you are such a stud and this is so good i loved it so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Truly and completely.

    ReplyDelete